Savvy welcomes students from all tertiary institutions throughout New Zealand, including Asia Savvy alumni and friends as well as new undergraduate and post-graduate students. Our conference and other networking events provide the opportunity for students to connect by sharing ideas and experiences.
Students engage in an informal learning environment with professional speakers from industry and experts from academia and the public/NGO sectors,. Speakers discuss key issues and challenges relevant to the conference topic, sharing their stories, insights and knowledge from on-the-ground experience in Asia.
Applicants submit a 300 word essay to secure a place at the conference. Prizes are awarded for best essays along with the chance to be published in our conference e-book. The conference provides ample opportunity for students to engage in lively discussions and share ideas and experiences.
Asia Savvy 2019 conference topic to be announced shortly
PURPOSE AND PROFIT
Purpose and Profit will be held on Saturday, 15 September 2018
- This generation, more than others, seeks to work for companies with a social conscience. Two ways companies are aligning purpose and profit to meet this demand are through corporate social responsibility and social entrepreneurship.
- This year’s Asia Savvy conference will showcase New Zealand corporates who take CSR seriously along with representatives of our social entrepreneurship community including connections to Asia.
- The conference offers a platform for tertiary students throughout New Zealand to take advantage of this opportunity to learn from and engage with experts, exchange ideas and make friends with like-minded students.
Friend us on Facebook for updates on this year’s conference.
ASIA SAVVY CONFERENCE
Are you keen on increasing your leadership potential by being Asia-Savvy AND…
- Learning from and interacting with experts from academia, industry, government and NGO sectors in lively discussions and workshops.
- Networking with like-minded students in discussions and workshops.
- Having the opportunity to have your essay published.
Meet the committee for the 2018 Asia Savvy Conference.
More information on this year’s conference to be announced soon.
This student-led conference is organised and supported by the New Zealand Asia Institute of the University of Auckland. It aims to attract a dynamic group of students from New Zealand universities nationwide. This presents attractive sponsorship opportunities for business and organisations whose participation would enhance the event.
The Asia Savvy Ambassador Programme provides students with the opportunity to act as liaisons between Asia Savvy and their respective universities.